The following is the list of Pinoy Ultra Runners (Locals & Residents Abroad) who have represented the country in International Ultra Running Races and those who performed outstanding finish in our Local PAU Races:
- Jag Lanante: The First and Only Filipino who have finished the Honkong Four Trails Ultra Challenge (HK4UTC) in less than 60 hours this year.
- Gerald Tabios: The First and Only Filipino to have finished the Badwater 135-Mile Ultra Marathon Race for Three Consecutive Years (2015, 2016, & 2017).
- Rolando Espina: The First and Only Filipino who have finished the Spartathlon Ultra Marathon Race in Greece for Two Consecutive Years (2016 & 2017).
- Conrado Bermudez, Jr: Based in New Jersey, USA, he finished Four (4) 100-Milers (Trail) in 2017—Rocky Raccoon 100 Miler in Texas, USA; Massanutten 100 Miler in Virginia, USA; Cruel Jewel 100 Miler in Georgia, USA; and UTMB 170K in Chamonix, France. He is setting a goal to be the First Filipino to Finish the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning Series in the USA this year.
- Paul Encarnacion—Based in Maryland, USA, he finished the Massanutten 100 in Virginia, USA and Eco Trail Madrid 80K in Spain.
- Aleksis Capili-–The First Pinoy to Finish the Tor Des Geants 330K Endurance Run in Courmayeur (Aosta Valley), Italy. He also finished the 2017 Tarawera 100 in New Zealand. He is also one of the Pinoy Runners in the Asia Trail Master Championship Ranking.
- Mon Beleno & Jerome Bautista—Finisher of the 2017 The North Face LAVAREDO 120K Ultra Trail Race in Cortina D’Ampezzo, Italy.
- Jerome Lagumbay, Rodney Cabahug, Rex Gonzales, & Jovenal Narcise—Finishers of the 2017 Tarawera 100K Ultra Trail Race in New Zealand.
- Edmund Cura—Finisher of CCC 102K (UTMB)
- Sandi Menchi Abahan & Aldean Philip Lim—Finisher of TDS 121K (UTMB)
- Hermogines Olvis; Miguel Carranza; & Majo Liao—Finishers of UTMB 170K.
- Henry Laron—The Only Filipino Finisher in the 2017 San Diego 100-Mile Endurance Run (Solo Category).
- Joseph Sibal-–One of the Pinoy Ultrarunners with the Asia Trail Master Championship Ranking, finishing the following trail races in 2017—Beach Bunch Trail Challenge 100K; BTS 100K Ultra; Ultra-Trail Panoramic 100K; and other Ultra Trail Races in the Asia Trail Master Series.
- Wilnar Iglesia—Finisher of the Penang Eco 100K; Mesastila Trail Challenge 100K and other Ultra Trail Races in the Asia Trail Master Series.
- Rose Betonio—Finisher of the Monster Ultra 200K in Singapore and 2nd Runner-Up in the Coast To Coast 444K Ultra in Malaysia. She also finished 2nd Runner-Up in PAU’s North Coast 200-Mile Run and finisher of PAU’s West To East 280K Ultra.
- Cheryl Bihag—Finisher of this year’s Beach Bunch Trail Challenge 100K; The Magnificent Merapoh 100K Trail Challenge; Ultra-Trail Panoramic 100-Mile Run; and other Ultra Trail Races in the Asia Trail Master Series.
- Kat Bermudez-–Based in New Jersey, USA and wife of Conrado Bermudez, Jr, is the First Lady “Virgin” Pinoy to have joined the Barkley Marathon finishing the 1st loop with 12 pages gathered. She finished the 2017 Rocky Raccoon 100-Mile Run in Texas, USA.
- Rhoda Oporto & Remy Caasi—PAU’s Top Lady Ultra Runners who finished the PAU’s 200+K Road Grand Slam Ultra Marathon Series for 2017.
- Bong Dizon, Rolan Cera, Fer De Leon, & Jon Borbon—Finishers of the PAU’s 200+K Road Grand Slam Ultra Marathon Series for 2017.
- Thomas Combisen, Gibo Malvar, and Salvador Sietereales—Candidates for the PAU’s 100-Mile Road & Trail Grand Slam Ultra Marathon Series for 2017.
- Thomas Combisen & Ronnel Valero—PAU Top Ultra Trail Runners who finished among the Top 10 Local Runners in the 2017 Hardcore Hundred Miles Trail Run.
Congratulations to everybody. Keep inspiring other runners to excel and to join international ultra running events and local ultra running events.
One thought on “2017: Year-End Review On Pinoy Ultra Runners & PAU Runners”
Thank you! I feel honored to be mentioned! Proud to be with Pinoy ultra runners around the world that represents our country. BTW, I love the black PAU sweater.
LikeLiked by 2 people