The following are the FINAL instructions to this event:
1. This event is a 3-day stage, solo running event covering a distance of 250 kilometers from Kilometer Post #0 in Luneta Park, Manila to Kilometer Post #250 at the Rizal Park in Baguio City (near Burnham Park).
2. Participants can be supported by their respective support vehicle/support crew or run as unsupported throughout the race. Runners must follow the Rules & Regulations of PAU Road Races and/or the established Rules & Regulations of the Bataan Death March 102K & 160K Ultra Marathon Races. Ignorance on these Rules & Regulations will NOT be considered as an excuse for being Disqualified in the Race. (Note: If this is your first time to join PAU Races or never been a Finisher of the BDM Races, it is your personal responsibility to browse this blog and read on the Rules & Regulations)
3. The race will start at 1:00 AM of Friday, February 7, 2014 at Kilometer #0 at the Luneta Park. Assembly Time starts at 11:00 PM of Thursday, February 6, 2014 for those who have yet to be processed and for the inspection of required running kits for every runner. Runners are advised to be at the Starting Area at least One Hour before Gun Start.
4. Runners will run along the old MacArthur Highway all the way to the Finish Line. From the Starting Line, runners could take their selected route up to Monumento/Balintawak Circle/Statue in order to proceed to MacArthur Highway. Runners must be able to reach the Monumento Area in 2 Hours. From Pangasinan, the route to Baguio City will be the traditional Kennon Road.
5. Runners has to run the following legs with the corresponding cut-off time:
1st Leg/Day—-90 Kilometers in 16 Hours. Finish Line @ Kilometer Post #90 in Dau, Mabalacat, Pampanga
2nd Leg/Day—-90 Kilometers in 16 Hours. Finish Line @ Kilometer Post #180 in Urdaneta City (Pangasinan)
3rd Leg/Last Day—-70 Kilometers in 16 Hours. Finish Line @ Rizal Park, Burnham Park, Baguio City
Runners who will NOT be able to finish each leg within the prescribed cut-off time will be declared DNF. There will be Intermediary CHECKPOINTS along the way where the RD would declare a runner as a DNF if he/she could not pass the said point. These Checkpoints are unannounced places.
5. Each leg of the race shall start at exactly 1:00 AM and nobody will be exempted from wearing the necessary equipment like, headlight/flashlight, reflective vest, and hydration system during the night run.
6. As a reference, a runner can browse the links in my blog on my Adventure Run from Manila to Baguio City on the Facebook Event Page on the link below.
7. Finishers will be awarded with Finisher’s Medal, Finisher’s T-Shirt, and Certificate. Podium finishers for the Men’s & Ladies will receive Trophies. Finishers of EACH LEG will receive a Finisher’s T-Shirt. Results will be published on this blog.
Good Luck To All The Runners!