To All 2010 BDM 102 Participants:
1. There will be Carboloading Party (CLP) and Final Briefing for all the runners & support crew members for the 2010 Bataan Death March 102K Ultramarathon Race (BDM 102) at 6:00 PM on March 4, 2010 at The Patio of the AFP Officer’s Clubhouse in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City. The registration fee is One Hundred Fifty Pesos (P 150.00) per person which will cover for the food and drinks. This will be an all-pasta dinner for every paying attendee. Runners are advised to be on the venue before 6:00 PM as the program will start on time.
2. Race Bib and Copy of the Rules & Regulations will be given during the CLP Party. We will try to minimize administrative activities/requirements before the start of the race on D-Day at Km 00. If possible, we will start the race before midnight of Saturday, March 6, 2010. Assembly Time at Km 00 in Mariveles, Bataan will be at 10:00 PM of March 6, 2010.
3. Runners are advised to send e-mail at email@example.com to signify if they are bringing their own support vehicle or they are part of a group of runners using only one vehicle. We intend to give banner-tarpaulins for the runner’s support vehicle during the CLP Party. Limited number of tarpaulins was ordered and they will be distributed to runners who sent e-mail message about their support vehicle. There will be no banner-tarpaulins which will be distributed on Race Day.
4. Last day of Medical/Doctor’s Certificate submission will be on March 1, 2010. We will not allow runners to join the race without any Medical/Doctor’s Certificate. We will publish the final list of runner-participants on March 2, 2010 in this blog; www.bataan102.com; and www.bataan102.blogspot.com.
5. For those who would like to pursue ultrarunning/ultramarathon as their sports, I am inviting the BDM “veterans” (those who finished the 2009 edition); those who finished the 2nd BDM 50K Test Run; other ultrarunners; and the Finishers of the 2010 BDM 102 to apply as members of the Philippine Association of Ultrarunners (PAU). The annual membership fee is One Thousand Pesos Only (P 1,000.00) per member which will entitle each member an ID Card, Sport Shirt with PAU Logo, 10% discount from registration fees of Races organized by Bald Runner’s Events, and a chance to participate to the following International Association of Ultrarunners (IAU)-sanctioned races for 2010:
IAU 100K Asian Championships in Jeju, Korea in March,
IAU 24H World Championships (including European Championship) in Brive-la-Gaillarde, France, in May,
IAU 100K World Championships (including European Championship) in Gibraltar in November,
IAU 50K World Trophy Final in Galway, Ireland in August.