The Bataan Death March 102 Ultra Marathon (BDM 102) had always been evolving every year in consideration for the safety of each of the runner. In addition, there is also a need to maintain the INTEGRITY of the race.
The following are the additional Rules and Regulations of the Race:
1. Each Runner Shall Have ONE Support Vehicle. Anybody caught having more than one support vehicle will be automatically disqualified. (Note: The Race Tarpaulin provided to every runner should be displayed on any part of the Support Vehicle)
2. Runners must be able to SUBMIT the Name, Model, Color & Plate Number of his/her Support Vehicle during the Final Briefing & CLP. Last chance for the runner to provide the details of his/her Support vehicle will be during the Processing of Runners, One Hour Before the Start of the Race. (Note: Please approach one of my staff for your Support Vehicle to be registered before the start of the race)
3. Runners are responsible to brief their Driver of Support Vehicle and their Support Crew on the Rules and Regulations of the Race. Your driver must know what is the meaning of “leap frogging” or “shadowing”. Your driver must know how to park your vehicle on the shoulder of the road. Nobody will be allowed to park their Support Vehicle on the Highway. Infractions of the Drivers on the Rules & Regulations will result to the disqualification of their runner.
4. ALL RUNNERS are strictly NOT allowed to enter and stay inside their parked Support Vehicle during the Race or while the Runners are still on the course. Anybody caught violating this rule will be disqualified immediately. (Note: Be resourceful. You can change any of your running apparel/kit while you are outside of your vehicle)
5. Any RUNNER who will be late for the Start will be DISQUALIFIED and declared Did Not Start (DNS). The Race will start at exactly 10:00 PM of Saturday, March 2, 2013 or EARLIER. (Note: You have trained for months for this race and don’t be a fool/stupid to be late for the Starting Gun just because you missed your travel arrangements)
6. NO Support Vehicle will be allowed to enter, drop their passengers/spectators and park on the road leading to the Finish Line/Old Railway Station. This narrow road will be cleared from any entry of any vehicle, whether they are support vehicles or vehicles of spectators/cheerers of runners. This is a ground for disqualification for the runner. (Note: Runner should advise their Drivers to park their Support Vehicle on the wide road in front of the Pampanga Provincial Capitol)
7. A Runner approaching the Finish Line will NOT be allowed to have ESCORTs from his/her Running Team or from Runners who have already crossed the Finish Line. Let us STOP the habit of ESCORTING a Runner-Finisher to cross the Finish Line. Leave the Runner ALONE to cross the Finish Line! (Note: There are some runners who have finished the race going back to escort their team mate or friend and escort them to finish line. This practice had made confusion to our Time Recorders as we are not using RFID timing devices)
8. The TIMER/Clock stops at 18:00 Hours. There will be Marshal/s on the Rear of the Last Runner while the race is on-going. Runners who are still on the road once the Cut-Off time had been reached are advised to STOP and take a ride in their Support Vehicle for them to proceed to the Finish Line. These runners are declared DNFed. RD and Staff will not wait for any runner insisting to cross the finish line after the cut-off time of 18 Hours.
9. NO Runner will be allowed on half-naked during the race!
10. Refer to the BASIC Rules & Regulations of the BDM 102 on my blog’s previous posts or at http://bataan102.blogspot.com. (Note: Please SEARCH “BDM 102 Rules & Regulations, if you want to browse on my blog’s previous posts)
Good Luck To Everybody!