1. Do not think or plan of cheating in my race because I will expose you and disqualify you in my future races.
2. Ultramarathoners or Ultrarunners are supposed to be veterans of road races and they should set a good example to the younger runners. Ultramarathoners are noble men and women.
3. The new Rules and Regulations of the BDM 102 are supposed to check or prevent runners from getting or thinking the idea to make “shortcuts” of the route or take advantage of riding in their support vehicles during the early part of the race under the cover of darkness. Beware, there will always be somebody who will see you! On D-Day, time stations and checkpoints to distribute “bands” will be deployed along the route.
4. BDM 102 is the only road race in the country that awards “quality-made” medal and individual trophy to every finisher. Be sure that you deserve to receive these awards and prouder to show them to your family, relatives and friends.
5. BDM 102 is the most expensive road race in the country in terms of registration fees and support expenses for each runner. This is the only road race that provides a “Get Together Party” among the participants a few days after the race. Although the party is free, runners are encouraged to bring additional food and drinks to make the party more enjoyable and memorable.
6. My “running-friends” and “friends” from the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) are the cornestones of support/sponsorship in this ultrarunning event. We no longer beg or ask from our sports leaders, politicians, and corporate brands in order to support this particular road race. We will just wait for their contributions/support. This race will never be used in the name of Politics.
7. The “test run” is set for tomorrow morning. Assembly time is 6:00 AM at the BDM Shrine’s Km Post 00 in Mariveles, Bataan. The run will end at Km Post #50 in Abucay, Bataan. The “test run” starts at 6:30 AM. A simple briefing will be conducted prior to the start of the run.
8. The participants in the “test run” will observe the new rules and regulations for the 2nd BDM 102. I will allow those runners without support vehicle to join the “test run”. However, the use of support vehicle will be strictly implemented on D-Day.
9. Runners will see “red ribbons” tied on BDM Km Post markings where they will lead the runners to turn right on road crossings. Red paint spray will be used also on the asphalt/concrete road to show direction of the route.
10. Ambulance and additional drinking water will be available during the “test run”, courtesy of my brother Samie, to support all the runners.
11. When you think that you can not make it to the finish line, think positive. Always think of the integrity of the race.