Having registered on line a week before, the following is my confirmation letter to participate in the Bulldog 50K Trail Ultra Run. Please note that this letter was sent to my e-mail address one month before the race day, 23 August 2008. In this letter is a detailed information and instructions to follow on the conduct of the race.
I hope this kind of arrangements or example of professionalism and efficiency will be applied in the Philippines.
BULLDOG 50K TRAIL ULTRA RUN
BULLDOG 25K TRAIL RUN
SATURDAY, AUGUST 23, 2008
Welcome runners to the 17th annual BULLDOG RUN. We are looking forward to sharing the best of Malibu’s Santa Monica Mountains with you… beauty in our own backyard! For your safety and enjoyment, please take time to carefully review all of the information below which is packed full of details for you. Be sure to read to the end for information about our fun and creative T-Shirt Design Contest!
Please Note : Goodie bags, shirts and/or shirt sizes are not guaranteed for runners registering after the early deadline of July 23. Sorry, the bag supplies and shirt orders needed to be placed early.
· BASE CAMP: The start & finish is at Malibu Creek State Park – Ventura FWY (101) to Las Virgenes Rd/Malibu Canyon. Turn south towards Malibu (approximately 3-miles). Malibu Creek State Park entrance will be on your right.
· PARKING: State parking fees ($8.00/car) will be collected at the park entrance. Please bring exact change. Due to limited parking, it is recommended that you carpool with other runners. 25K parking may be temporarily interrupted at 6:30 AM, to allow a safe start of the 50K run. Please follow directions of the parking attendants.
· BIB PICK UP: The 50K and 25K will have different color bibs AND different check-in times. We require bib pick up in person on race morning, per the times below. Bib pick up on race morning is the only guaranteed way to know exactly who is out on the course. Please arrive early to allow ample time to pick up your bib and prepare to start the race.
PLEASE NOTE NEW TIMES !
· 50K bib pick-up from 5:30 AM to 6:20 AM – 50K start 6:30 AM
(9-hour time limit for 50K) Course closes at 3:30 PM.
· 25K bib pick-up from 6:30 AM to 7:20 AM – 25K start 7:30 AM
(8-hour time limit for 25K) Course closes at 3:30 PM. Note: 25K bibs may not be picked up before 6:30 AM.
50K – THE COURSE: Start and finish at base camp. Double loop course totaling 30.70 miles per 2001 Tom Harrison Maps.
· Station #1 – Bulldog lateral intersection: 4.0 miles (crews not permitted) Fully stocked (water, Gatorade, coke, fruit, pretzels) – NO CUT-OFF TIME
· Station #2 – Corral Canyon: 7.5 miles (crews permitted) Fully stocked (water, Gatorade, coke, fruit, pretzels) – NO CUT-OFF TIME
· Station #3 – Tapia west parking lot: 13.1 miles (crews permitted) Fully stocked (water, Gatorade, coke, fruit, pretzels) – NO CUT-OFF TIME
· ***Station #4 – MCSP/Craggs Road fire gate: 15.3 miles (crews permitted-foot access only). DROP BAG LOCATION. Fully stocked (water, Gatorade, coke, fruit, pretzels) – 10:30 AM CUT-OFF TIME
· Station #5 – Bulldog lateral intersection: 19.0 miles (crews not permitted) Fully stocked (water, Gatorade, coke, fruit, pretzels) – 11:45 AM CUT-OFF TIME
· Station #6 – Corral Canyon: 22.5 miles (crews permitted) Fully stocked (water, Gatorade, coke, fruit, pretzels) – 1:00 PM CUT-OFF TIME
· Station #7 – Tapia west parking lot: 28.1 miles (crews permitted) Fully stocked (water, Gatorade, coke, fruit, pretzels) – 2:45 PM CUT-OFF TIME
***50K – DROP BAGS: Permitted at aid station #4 for the 50K only. Please label your drop bags with your last name and race number. Bags should be delivered to the drop bag table near the bib pick up table. Bags will be returned to the finish line for immediate pick up.
25K – THE COURSE: Start and finish at base camp. Single loop course totaling 15.7 miles per 2001 Tom Harrison Maps.
· Station #1 – Bulldog lateral intersection: 4.0 miles (crews not permitted) Fully stocked (water, Gatorade, coke, fruit, pretzels) – 11:45 AM CUT-OFF TIME
· Station #2 – Corral Canyon: 7.5 miles (crews permitted) Fully stocked (water, Gatorade, coke, fruit, pretzels) – 1:00 PM CUT-OFF TIME
· Station #3 – Tapia west parking lot: 13.1 miles (crews not permitted) Fully stocked (water, Gatorade, coke, fruit, pretzels) – 2:45 PM CUT-OFF TIME
BY ENTERING THIS RACE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING RULES:
No race day registration.
No baby joggers on the course.
— No dogs allowed in base camp or on trails.
Runners under age 18 NOT permitted to participate.
No alcohol permitted in the park.
Race switching deadline is midnight, 8/13/08..
Bibs are not transferable to another runner or deferrable to another year.
No early starts permitted.
No race switching before or during the event.
— No pacing of runners via bicycle or un-bibbed runners. Illegal pacing will result in disqualification of the runner being paced.
50K runners must report their bib number upon leaving each aid station.
Summer temperatures may exceed 100 degrees… All 25K runners must carry at least 1-bottle minimum! All 50K runners must carry 2-bottles minimum. Camelbaks with equivalent are acceptable.
In the event a runner withdraws from the race, he/she must give their bib tear off tag to the nearest aid station official immediately!
In the event you must leave the trail for any reason please leave something on the trail (ie., water belt, bottle, running shoe), so the course sweepers will not pass you up.
LITTERING ON THE COURSE IS PROHIBITED. ANY RUNNER OBSERVED LITTERING (BY RACE PERSONNEL OR BY OTHER RUNNERS) WILL HAVE THEIR RACE NUMBER REPORTED TO THE RACE DIRECTOR. OFFENDING RUNNERS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE RACE AND WILL BE BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION IN FUTURE RACES!
NOTE: Aid station personnel have authority to remove runners from the race due to rules infringement, runner safety or for missing a cut-off time.
Voilation of any of the above rules will result in your disqualification, aka DNF.
· T-shirt and goodie bag pick up at the finish line
· Award ceremonies after the races – Please bring a chair and cooler, and relax!
· Completion awards (medals) to all finishers
· Age division awards (first through third place in 10-year divisions) – Awards must be claimed at ceremony
· Complimentary light lunch to all registered runners (please
have friends/family bring their own picnic)
· Free raffles – your bib is your raffle number!
CREW DIRECTIONS: For crew directions, please see the website: http://www.bulldogrun.com.
· Overnight camping at Malibu Creek State Park. For reservations call (800) 444-7275.
· GOOD NITE INN: 3.5 miles from base camp. For reservations call (818) 880-6000.
· RENAISSANCE HOTEL, AGOURA HILLS: 8 miles from base camp. For reservations call (800) 228-9290 or (818) 707-1220.
FOOD, GAS & ICE: Available at Las Virgenes Road near the 101 freeway.
VOLUNTEERS: Your friends and family are much needed and most welcome to volunteer at the Bulldog races. Help is needed with finish line, food service, medal distribution, awards ceremony, etc. Please email Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help out.
For additional information about the races (crew directions, course maps, etc.) please go to our website: http://www.bulldogrun.com. Thank you for supporting the Bulldog Trail Runs. Please have a beautiful and safe run… See you at the finish!
Winner will receive a free entry into the race of their choice for the year their artwork is used and will receive five free shirts displaying their design.
Artwork must be:
Artwork submitted becomes the sole property of the Bulldog races. Artwork may subject to alteration and may be saved for consideration for a year other than the year it was submitted.
Submit all artwork (or questions) to email@example.com.
Happy Trails, Nancy
Valley Crest Half Marathon, June 8, 2008
Bulldog 50K Ultra, 25K Trail Run, August 23, 2008