The following are the Information/Rules and Regulations of the 1st Bataan Death March 102K 5-Man Relay Race:
- The Bataan Death March 102K 5-Man Relay Race is a Team Competition Race consisting of 5 Runners for each Team. The Relay Race consists of the following categories: All Men’s; All Women’s; Mixed Male-Female (with at least, One Female in the Team); and a LGBT Team Category
- Each runner in the Team will run a distance of 10 Kilometers in the first 50 Kilometers and the process is repeated on the next or last 50 Kilometers (Km 50-Km100). All the 5 runners of the Team will run as a Group/Team on the last 2 Kilometers to the Finish Line on Single File On the Left Side of the Road except on the last 20 meters to the Finish Line where they could run side by side. All the runners must be able to run a total of 22 Kilometers during the duration of the event. NO RUNNER will be allowed to run more than 10 Kilometers in every 50-Kilometer section of the course. The BDM Kilometer Posts will be used as Kilometer Markings for the whole event.
- All runners on the road should run on Single File on the LEFT SIDE of the Road…ALWAYS.
- Each Team can have two (2) Support Vehicles with a designated Driver who is NOT a runner and who could also help as support crew for the Team. A Team can also use a single Support Vehicle using a Van or Mini-Bus with a dedicated Driver. For the teams coming from the Military and/or Police, they can use their Personnel Carrier Trucks as their Support Vehicle.
- The Support Vehicles must be able to “leag-frog” their runners which means that they should wait for their runners in a specified location/distance in order to provide support to their runner/s. Support Vehicles should always park on the RIGHT shoulder of the Highway with their Hazard Lights switched to ON. Support Vehicles are strictly NOT allowed to “shadow” their respective runner. “Shadowing” means that the Support Vehicle is moving beside, behind, or ahead of the runner with the same speed with that of the runner. This act or violation is a ground for disqualification for the whole Team.
- Each runner must be able to finish his/her 10K distance run/leg in One Hour & Twenty Minutes (1:20:00 Hours). The Course Event’s Cut-Off Time is 13 Hours & 30 Minutes. The Cut-Off Time at Kilometer 50 is 7 Hours. Any Team which could not meet these Cut-Off Times will be considered as DNF (Did Not Finish).
- Each Team will provide its own Driver, Support Crew; Medical Aidman; and Hydration/Food Provisions during the duration of the Event. It highly suggested that the Driver & Support Crew are knowledgeable on the route direction of the course event.
- Support Points or places where the Support Vehicle will be parked to support their runners will depend on the Race Strategy of each Team, however, the Support Crew is advisable to meet their runner at the Left Side of the road for the needs of their runner. Support Crew should be extra careful in crossing the Highway.
- Support Vehicles are NOT allowed to park within a distance of 20 meters from or around the BDM Kilometer Posts. Such space should not be covered so that runners would be able to see them as their Reference Points or Kilometer Markings along the course. Exchange of Runners will be at the BDM Kilometer Posts #10, #20, #30, #40, #50, #60, #70, #80, #90, and #100.
- Each runner will have a Race Bib which should be displayed at the front part of the shirt…ALWAYS!
- Runners are advised NOT to approach their Support Vehicle during their running leg except when they have finished their designated Leg Run. It is the duty of the Support Crew to cross the Highway and meet his/her runner for food or drinks.
- Assembly and Processing For Each Team will be on or before 4:00 AM of April 6, 2019 at the Bataan Death March Shrine (BDM Km 0) in Mariveles, Bataan. The race will start at exactly 5:00 AM of April 6, 2019. Cut-Off Time at Kilometer 50 is at 12:00 Noon and then at 6:30 PM of the same day at the Finish Line.
- It is encouraged that ONLY the first runners of the FIRST LEG of 10K will be dropped off at the Starting Area in order to minimize the number of Parked Vehicles in the area. The vicinity of the BDM Shrine has a limited Parking Area. The Support Vehicles should initially wait for their runners at BDM Kilometer Post 6 or 7 because of the limited shoulder along the Zigzag section of the road from Mariveles to Barangay Alas-asin, Mariveles, Bataan.
- NO PACERS will be allowed for the designated runner/s on each leg of the course. The rest of the Team are encouraged to cheer their runner along the route while their Support Vehicles are properly parked along the shoulder of the Highway.
- The use of Reflectorized vests is not Mandatory but it is highly encouraged for the safety of the runners and the Driver & Support Crew.
- The runners can use their headphone or MP3 or Phone for music at their own risk, however, they should be able to hear the traffic and the surroundings.
- Awarding of Trophies, Medals and other “loot” to the Podium Finishers and other Teams will be on real-time as soon as they cross the Finish Line.
- Each Team can now pay the Registration Fee of Ten Thousand Pesos (P 10,000.00) through Bank Deposit at the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) Savings Account Number # 0296-0673-22 in behalf of Jovenal D Narcise not later than April 4, 2019. You can send the e-copy of the Deposit Slip at e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation. The said Deposit Slip should be brought and submitted to the Race Event Staff at the Starting Line on Race Day to redeem the Team’s Race Packet.
- For your immediate concerns and inquiries, please send your message at this e-mail address: email@example.com or post at the Facebook Event Page @ https://www.facebook.com/events/1920763561379055/ or send SMS at Cellphone # 0918-965-9895.
- Let us maintain the Integrity of this Race.
- The decision of the Race Director is FINAL.
One thought on “Information/Rules & Regulations Of The 1st Bataan Death March 102K 5-Man Relay Race”
Congratulations to all the runners of this race!! I hope I can BDM too in the near future!! Katakot pero sana sana 🙂