2015: Year-End Review On Pinoy Ultra Runners/PAU Runners
The following is the list of Pinoy Ultra Runners (Locals & Residents Abroad) who had represented the country in international ultra running races and those who performed outstanding finish in our local PAU Races:
1. Jag Lanante: 1st Pinoy to have finished the Hongkong Four Trails Challenge.
2. Gerald Tabios: 1st Pinoy to have finished the Badwater 135 Ultra Marathon for Two Consecutive Years (Back to Back Editions) & Finisher of the 2015 Great New York Running Exposition 100-Mile Race.
3. Conrado Bermudez, Jr: 1st Pinoy to have finished a 200-Mile Mountain Trail Race (Bigfoot 200-Mile Run); 2015 Finisher of Vermont 100-Mile Run, Leadville 100-Mile Run, Wasatch 100-Mile Run, Massanutten 100-Mile Race, Superior Fall 100-Mile Trail Race, & San Diego 100-Mile Run
4. Franco Soriano: 2015 Pinoy Finisher of the HURT 100-Mile Run; Old Dominion 100-Mile Run; Vermont 100-Mile Run; Western States 100-Mile Endurance Race; Kodiak 100-Mile Run; & Angeles Crest 100-Mile Run
5. Paul Encarnacion: 2015 Pinoy Finisher of the HURT 100-Mile Run; Zion 100-Mile Run; & Oil Creek 100-Mile Run
6. Gerald Odocayen: 2015 Pinoy Finisher of the San Diego 100-Mile Run & Chimera 100-Mile Run
7. Miguel Lopez & Rolando Wangwang (Philippine Skyrunners Association): 2015 UTMB 166K Finishers
8. Gene Olvis: 2nd Pinoy to have finished the UTMF & 2015 UTMF Finisher.
9. Ferdie Cabiling: First Pinoy to have run 50 Kilometers for 50 consecutive days from Mindanao to Luzon.
10. Derrick Rhodz: First Finisher of the Philippine Hike Expedition from Zamboanga City to Laoag City via Maharlika Highway or A/H26 Route
11. Bong Alindada: 1st Pinoy Finisher of the BROMO 100-Mile Endurance Run (Indonesia)
12. Rod Losabia; Jon Borbon; & Amor Gabriel: Remaining Three (3) Contenders for the 2015 PAU Grand Slam Award.
13. Lao Ogerio & Tess Leono: 2014 Philippine Association Of Ultrarunners (PAU) Runners Of The Year. (Awarded In March 2015)
14. Irene Montemayor: Lady Champion of the 2015 TransLantau 50K Trail Run
15. Henry Laron: Champion: 1st WEST TO EAST 280K Endurance Run
16. Lao Ogerio: Champion: 1st EAST COAST 145-Mile Endurance Run
17. Tess Leono: Lady Champion, 1st EAST COAST 145-Mile Endurance Run
6 thoughts on “2015: Year-End Review On Pinoy Ultra Runners/PAU Runners”
Thank you for including me in the “2015: Year-End Review On Pinoy Ultra Runners/PAU Runners” . I felt so honored to be on the lists together with the tough and resilient Filipino ultra runners around the world that passionately represents our country. Thank you again, Sir!
You are welcome. You deserve to be included in the list. Congratulations! Happy New Year!
Thank you for the mention, Sir Jovie! I hope to see you again this year, perhaps at Angeles Crest?
Yes, I will be seeing you for sure this year! Good luck!
Thank you sir Jovie for the mention! Hope to have another blast in 2016 – of course, schedule permitting :-). Are you doing or putting your name for San Diego this year? I just realized its closing today.
I will be missing the San Diego 100 this year.