4th PAU’s TANAY 50K Ultra Run
Starting Area: Tanay, Rizal (Intersection Manila East Road/Highway in Tanay & Sampaloc Road going to Sampaloc, Tanay. Look for the Shell Station)
Assembly Time: 3:00 AM June 15, 2014
Gun Start: 4:00 AM June 15, 2014
Note: This is a RAIN or SHINE Event!!!
Rules & Regulations/Instructions:
- This is a 50K Road Race. Every runner must be able to maintain the Integrity of this Race. “Cheaters” are automatically disqualified and removed from the race.
- Support Vehicle is NOT mandatory for every runner. If a runner has the capability to have his/her support vehicle, he/she can bring a support vehicle. However, the support vehicle should “leap-frog” the runner. Support vehicle “shadowing” the runner is not allowed. Only four-wheeled support vehicles will be allowed. Motorcycles and Bicycles will NOT be allowed as support vehicles for the runners.
- Pacer is not allowed in this race. If a runner wants to have a pacer, he/she must register his/her pacer as one of the runner-competitors in the race.
- All runners are required to have their hydration belt or system with them while on the run. A participant can use the usual Hydration Belt, Camelbak Hydration System, or Hand-held water bottles. Every runner is advised to hydrate themselves based from their training/preparation for this race.
- Runners should always stay on the LEFT side of the road, facing the incoming traffic. Runner should be ready to run on the sidewalk/shoulder of the road if there is a fast incoming traffic. Runners are warned that the Route is a favorite route for fast Motorcyclists!
- Runners are highly encouraged not to wear headsets/earphones and MP3s & Ipods during the race. If runners think that such gadget would motivate them to run, it will be permitted, however, they should be aware and vigilant of their surroundings.
- There will be NO Drop Bags or Baggage Counters. Runners with baggage can ask the other runners with support vehicle to accommodate their baggage to the Finish Line. Ultra runners are kind, helpful, and supportive to other runners. All you need is to ask for their help & support.
- Race Bibs shall be displayed or pinned in front of the singlet or running shorts. Race bibs should always be visible to the Race Officials.
- There will be limited Road Marshals along the route. Runners will start at the vicinity of the SHELL Gas Station along the Sampaloc Road. It will be a 14K uphill climb to Sampaloc, Tanay from the Starting Area. Once a runner reaches the intersection in Sampaloc, turn LEFT towards the Pranjetto Hotel/Resort. It will be another uphill climb up to the said Resort. Continue going NORTH until you reach the Sierra Madre Hotel/Resort. Once you reach the Sierra Madre Hotel, it is the 20K mark for the race. Continue going NORTH until you reach Kilometer Post B #0 (Baras Zero) after passing Country Cottages and PALO ALTO. The Kilometer Post B #0 will be the TURN-AROUND point and runner will go back to the Sierra Madre Hotel/Resort where the FINISH Line is located. From the turn-around point, the distance will be 15 Kilometers to the Finish Line. (Note: Expect some BONUS/additional meters after 50K, those additional meters will make you stronger and more addicted to ultra races!)
- There will be no tie in the ranking of finishers in this race. Every runner must exert his effort and perform as a competitor. This event is a race to the finish line.
- Dispose your waste or litter properly. A runner will be disqualified for throwing their litter or waste on the road.
- The race will start at 4:00 AM or earlier. Runners are highly encouraged to be at the Starting Line at least one hour before the Start Time. There will be no Formal Program/Ceremony prior to the start of the race as this will be a “fun run” and at the same time a competitive race.
- Runners should meet the following requirements/qualifications:
-Should have finished a registered Marathon Race.
-Must be physically healthy and don’t have any heart-related ailments
-“Newbies” should be able to sign a Waiver during the Processing Period, one hour before Gun Start
14. There will be no Cash Prizes for the winners. Instead, Top Three (3) runners in the Men’s and Ladies Categories will receive Trophies.
15. Runners who will finish within the cut-off time of nine (9) hours will receive the PAU Finisher’s Medal, Certificate of Achievement (will be given on a later date), and a Finisher’s Dri-Fit T-Shirt.
16. Always “Listen To Your Body” during the race. If you experience some pain in your body, observe and slow down with your pace or better, start walking. If the pain persists and if you think that you are injured and could not finish the race, please contact Cell Phone # 918-965-9895 and state your name, race bib number, and condition whether you need an Ambulance/Medical team to attend to you.
17. The use of “pain killer” medication is not prohibited during the race. Bring your own salt tablets and glucolytes.
18. “Bandits” are not allowed to run or walk along the route during the conduct of the race.
19. For those who will run on self-support, there are lots of “sari-sari” stores along the route that sell bottled water, Gatorade, soft drinks, biscuits, ice/ice water and fresh fruits. There are also “pit stops” for motorcyclists which serve “hot & spicy” BULALO and cup noodles along the route. Bring CASH with you!
20. Although this Race is a competitive event, treat your co-competitors as your friend/partner during the race. Try to assist or ask a runner who stopped along the course about his condition or if he/she needs help/assistance. Who knows, this runner whom you helped in this race will be the one who will help you in case you need assistance in your future races.
21. Trekking/Hiking “poles” or “sticks” are not allowed in this race. Runners should finish the race unaided with any equipment.
22. Running “half-naked” is allowed in this race, provided, the race bib is visible in front of the runner. However, runners are warned that the weather along the race route is unpredictable.
23. There will be no portalets provided along the race route. Make sure to make the necessary adjustments on this matter. As for the ladies, they could ask the residents of houses situated along the road for them to use their toilet/s. Use you initiative.
24. The display of corporate logos of runners’ sponsors on tarpaulins is not authorized. Runners can display their sponsor’s logos on their running apparel only. Running Teams/Groups can display their tarps on their support vehicle/s.
25. Registration period is from May 14 to June 13, 2014. Deposit the amount of P 1,500 as Registration Fee at the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) Savings Account # 0296-0673-22 in favor of Jovenal Narcise. There will be NO On-Site Registration. The Processing of Runners at the Starting Area will be QUICK & SIMPLE. Once all the registered runners will be accounted for, the Race will start IMMEDIATELY. (Note: Bring your BPI Deposit Slip to the Starting Line)
26. If you are planning to join the 2015 Bataan Death March 102/160 Ultra Marathon Race, this will serve as your “kick-off” start to assess yourself and start your training for the said event.
27. The decision of the Race Director is FINAL.
Good Luck To All The Participants & Support Crew!
Stay Safe & Finish The Race! (Note: Ignore Those Fast Riding Motorcyclists)