The following are the Rules & Regulations and Additional Information on the conduct of the West Coast 200K Ultra Marathon Run on November 1-4, 2012:
1. WEST COAST 200K (WC200) is multi-day stage run, a run of three (3) consecutive days which will start o/a 5:00 AM of November 1, 2012 at the Remy Field Oval Track at Subic Freeport (Olongapo City) and ends o/a 5:00 AM of November 4, 2012 at the Port of Barangay Lucap, Alaminos, Pangasinan.
2. This is a SOLO run. Runners will run along the Olongapo-Alaminos Highway covering a distance of 200 kilometers. A runner-participant has the option to join as an unsupported or supported. A supported runner can avail of a support vehicle and support crew. An unsupported runner will be on his own as he/she can avail of convenience stores & eateries along the route.
3. Pacer/s are not allowed.
4. Runners should always stay on the left side facing the incoming traffic. The race route is an Open Road and the runners shall share the road with other vehicles.
5. Support vehicles should always park on the far RIGHT side of the Highway. A runner will be disqualified if his/her support vehicle is parked on the Left side of the Highway. Support Vehicles shall not be allowed to “shadow” their runner. Only four-wheeled vehicles are allowed as support vehicles.
6. Runners will run or cover a distance of 70 kilometers on the FIRST Day. Runners shall assemble at the Remy Field Oval Track in Subic Freeport and the race shall start at 5:00 AM of November 1, 2012. The Finish Line/Area will be the Municipal Plaza of Botolan, Zambales. The cut-off time is 12 hours.
7. On the 2nd day, runners will run/cover a distance of 70 kilometers. Participants should be at the Starting Area (Municipal Plaza of Botolan, Zambales) before 5:00 AM of November 2, 2012. The race shall start at 5:00 AM and the Finish Line will be at the Municipal Plaza of Infanta, Pangasinan. The cut-off time is 14 hours.
8. On the 3rd day, runners will run/cover a distance of 60 kilometers and it will be a NIGHT Run. Runners should be at the Starting Line (Municipal Plaza of Infanta, Pangasinan) before 7:00 PM of November 3, 2012. The race shall start at 7:00 PM and the Finish Line will be at the Port of Barangay Lucap in Alaminos, Pangasinan. The cut-off time is 10 hours.
9. Podium Finishers’ Awards/Trophies will be given to the Top 3 Male & Top 3 Female. Finish Times for the 3 stages will be added and Finishers will be ranked from the fastest total of finish time to the slowest. Official Finishers (Finishers within the Cut-off time) will be awarded with a Finisher’s Medal, Finisher’s T-Shirt, and Certificate. Points for the PAU Runner of the Year will also be awarded.
10. A runner is declared DNF once he/she could NOT meet or finish the stage within the prescribed cut-off time. The runner will not be allowed to run in the remaining stages of the race.
11. There will be NO Aid Stations along the route. NO Drop Bags will be allowed.
12. It is mandatory for every runner to have his/her hydration system; headlight/lighting system; reflectorized vest; and first-aid kit.
13. Unsupported runners could bring their camping tents and their extra clothes to be deposited at the RD’s vehicle which will be brought directly to the Finish Line of each stage.
14. Each of the Municipal Plaza in Botolan, Zambales & Infanta, Pangasinan has a Covered Court (with Comfort/Bath Rooms) and Lawn Area where runners could sleep/rest and take a bath. Please don’t litter on these areas.
15. Runners will be responsible for their meals and accommodation if they prefer to be housed in hotels/pension inns/resorts/homestays. There will be no curfews as it will be the personal responsibility of each runner to have his recovery and rest every after stage. There will be NO “socials” in every stage of the run.
16. This is the FIRST Multi-Day Stage Run to be held in the country. Let us maintain the INTEGRITY of this run and be proud to be a participant and much more if you intend to finish the event.
The following are the recommended Resorts & Restaurants in Botolan, Zambales as suggested by the Botolan Tourism Office: (Note: Runners can directly contact these establishments through their respective contact numbers/websites)
1. C & J Sunset View Beach Resort. Contact Person: Mr Zaldy B. Yap. Contact Number(s): 0949-775-5082/0917-607-9207. Website: www.cjsunsetview.com
2. Rama Beach Resort & Restaurant. Contact Person: Mr Roger Bound. Contact Number: 0918-922-2863. Website: www.ramabeach.com. E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Westcoast Beach Resort & Restaurant. Contact Person: Mr Jun Gimeo. Contact Number(s): 0917-732-0716/0918-985-9352.
In Infanta, Pangasinan, there are NO resorts. hotels, or pension inns. There are restaurants in the nearby town of Sta Cruz, Zambales. Additional information on hotels/pension inns in Sta Cruz, Zambales will be posted soon on my Facebook Wall’s Event Page.
3 thoughts on “1st West Coast 200: Rules & Regulations”
Reblogged this on "Running the Good Race" Stories and commented:
G U L P !
Pingback: 1st West Coast 200K Ultramarathon: The three-day run for hardcores starts |
After the first leg last year, we stayed at Rama beach resort. Better book early to get more affordable room rates. We just walked in last year and they gave us a three-bedroom accommodation which was too big for us since we were only three. While at the resort, dip in the beach before calling it a day. Helped relax those sore muscles. 🙂