10:00 PM January 18, 2014 – 7:00 AM January 19, 2014
Mariveles, Bataan To Abucay, Bataan (BDM Km #00 To BDM Km #50)
Number of Starters: 26 Runners
Number of Finishers: 22 Runners
Cut-Off Time: 9 Hours
|April Bernadette Gaburno||6:35:08|
1. Runners must observe announced assembly time & start time. The Race will start before or on the exact scheduled time for Gun Start. Some runners arrived at the Starting Line barely minutes before and after the Gun Start. Runners should be punctual always in our Race Events.
2. Reflectorized Vest, Belts, Strips and Headlight/Hand-held Flashlight are MANDATORY equipment for all the runner-participants during the nighttime portion of the Event. Inspection of these items will be done upon check-up period before the start of the race. Runners without these items will be declared DNS (Did Not Start). (Note: A “minimalist” Reflectorized Vest is available for sale at ARC Store)
3. Three (3) runners got lost during the Test Run. They were NOT listening to my briefing before the start of the Test Run. The following are the key road intersections:
BDM Km Post #14—–Turn Right
BDM Km Post #23—–Turn Right
BDM Km Post #32—–Turn Right
BDM Km Post #83—–Turn Right (Follow the Road To Poblacion of Guagua, Pampanga)
BDM Km Post #91-—-Upon reaching the Commercial District/Poblacion of Guagua, Pampanga, runners must turn LEFT (no need to follow the vehicles’ route), turn LEFT again at the next intersection which is an elevated “bridge”, and then turn RIGHT at the next intersection.
With almost 300 runners on Race Day and only 26 runners who joined the Test Run, we expect more runners who will get “lost” during the event. It is the responsibility of the runner and his/her driver and support crew to be knowledgeable about the course even if there will be Race Marshals & Volunteers during the Race.
4. Expect more DOGS, more TRUCKS & vehicular traffic, more motorcycle-riding persons and/or groups, more “entertainment spots” with blinking colored lights, and more “ladies” along the route during the nighttime run. Take necessary caution in dealing with them.
5. The next “Test Run” will be on February 2, 2014, from Abucay, Bataan (BDM Km Post #50) to the Finish Line in San Fernando, Pampanga (BDM Km Post #102). The Guns Start for the event will be at 7:00 AM (Assembly Time is 6:00 AM).
Good Luck to the Participants of the 2014 BDM 160 & 102 Ultra Marathon Races!