Today is Sunday and it had been raining the whole day and night in my Playground. I just found out that there is a Typhoon on the west side of the island of Luzon where more rains are expected for the next coming days. I did not run today.
Instead, I have been reading the news through the Internet and these were the significant information.
- Today is the 75th anniversary of the Bombing of Nagasaki, Japan where an estimate of 74,000 people died in the said dropping of the second Atomic Bomb which ended the World War II after Japan surrendered to the Allies unconditionally on August 14, 1945. The nuclear radiation brought about by the explosion of the bomb resulted to more thousands of deaths in the weeks, months, and years to come.
- Department of Health (DOH) reported 3,109 additional Covid-19 cases making the total cases count to 129,913. Metro Manila accounted for the most new cases with 1,700 cases. This increase in cases was made despite the imposition of MECQ since August 3, 2020.
- PhilHealth is still in the NEWS about its alleged corruption of funds as revealed during the Senate Investigation.
- Run Rabbit Run 100-Mile Endurance Race is going to happen this coming September in Steamboat, Colorado. Most of the ultra elite runners in the US are registered in this race due to the fact that it has cash prizes to the podium finishers. I think a total amount of $17,000 of cash prize is ready for them.
- Courtney Dauwalter, 2019 Female UTMB Champion, is at Mile 223 of the northbound Colorado Trail trying to break the FKT in the said trail. She has still 258 miles for her to complete the trail. She is in her 4th day and going into her 5th day. She is way ahead of the course record of 8 days.
I am supposed to be on my 15th day of my Army Physical Fitness Test but I was not able to do my 2-Mile Run because of the rain. However, I did my push-ups and sit-ups with passing scores.
In addition to this Challenge, I have been doing two Challenges: 100-Push-Ups Every Day Challenge and 2-Minute Forward Plank Every Day Challenge. These two Challenges will be discussed in detail in my next posts in this blog. These Challenges keep me busy while I am watching my favorite Netflix movies.
This is all for now and thank you for reading.