10. Commemorate the 113th Death Anniversary of our National Hero, Dr Jose Rizal. He was 35 years old when he was executed.
9. Recall the life of our National Her and the story/plot of Rizal’s famous novels, “Noli Me Tangere” and “El Filibusterismo”
8. Nothing had changed from the attitudes of the characters in the novels from what we see today in our society. You can see these “characters” also in our weekend Road Races!
7. Rizal was never a runner, but he could had been a “runner-blogger” if he is alive today.
6. In the 70s & 80s, there was a RIZAL DAY Run with a distance of 30K every Dec 30 of the year. The race was organized by the government.
5. Bald Runner is the Race Organizer & Race Director. He is not fond of “distractions” or “frills” in road races, he wants everybody to simply run and have fun!
4. It is the first 32K Road Run in the country. The second Road Race done during a declared Public Holiday. The first Road Race to be held on Wednesday or middle of the week. A Road Race without the support/endorsement from any private corporation or from the national government.
3. Running inside Camp Aguinaldo for almost 5X will test the mental toughness of runners.
2. The 32K distance is a perfect LSD run for Cebu Marathon, Condura Marathon & 2010 BDM 102. There is no cut-off time for this run!
1. Burn those calories accumulated for attending Christmas Parties and a reason to eat & drink some more on New Year’s Eve!!!
M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S & H A P P Y N E W Y E A R ! ! !